Career Opportunities - Operations Specialist
Georgette Packaging has grown rapidly in the past couple of years and we are aiming to keep that steep growth curve momentum going. That’s where you come in. We are looking for a part-time Operations Specialist to provide exceptional customer service and contribute to our success.
Delivering first class service to our customers is our pride and joy at Georgette Packaging. Alongside our creativity and expertise, it is what sets us apart from other packaging companies. You will play a key role to our success in achieving this.
We want to make sure that our customers feel confident reaching out to us again and again for updates on their next order. Providing excellent customer service, expert knowledge and a seamless delivery of all our products is very important and this is where you come in!
No two orders are the same and in operations, no two days will be the same! You will need to be very adaptable as sometimes situations occur where we need to be creative and exercise quick problem solving.
Our company continues to grow and in order to do so, we change the way that we work regularly to ensure that we are being the most efficient and proficient that we can be. If you can see a better way of doing something or you have an idea, be sure to suggest it! We want to be continually improving our processes.
- Assist the Operations team for select customer projects;
- Gather shipping addresses and customer information
- Maintain Project Management Software Information
- Communicate with customers by email and telephone
- Generate invoices and receive payments
- Liaise with suppliers, carriers and warehouses for orders
- Track shipments
- Assist Sales team with shipping quotes
Ideally you'll have:
- 2 years of experience as a Sales Support Specialist or similar role
- 2 years of experience in an administration / office based role
- Proficiency in MS Office
- General understanding of sales process, preferably with customer service experience
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Business, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Experience in logistics is a bonus
- Proficient with web based programs
Ideally you'll be:
- Organized and process-driven
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- A collaborative team player
- Flexible and open to new ideas
- Someone who likes to see tasks through to completion no matter how many obstacles stand in your way
What's in it for you:
- Salary - $18 per hour
- Ideally able to work on a Monday and Wednesday, we can be flexible with Tuesday/Thursday/Friday - ideally looking for approx. 20-24 hours per week with the ability to flex up when required due to business peaks. (Our office hours run 8 - 5 Monday to Friday)
- An amazing and supportive team to work with
- Monthly team socials (AKA virtuals right now)
- Access to a downtown office in Kitchener with free parking (covid protocols in place)
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume and cover letter to Sarah Thomas at email@example.com.