We are looking for someone to join our incredible team on a contract basis to cover maternity leave.
Ideally someone that enjoys a fast paced, multi plate spinning environment. A people friendly professional superhero that has the ability to provide structure and control the most uncontrollable of situations (whilst smiling)
You will play a pivotal role in supporting the CEO and improving company-wide business processes. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of operational efficiencies and data-driven best practices, is process oriented and can execute on strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Project Management: Oversee all company projects from beginning to end. As a key member of the leadership team, you will help to prioritize projects for the business, effectively collaborate with team members, customers and suppliers. You will coordinate, execute and implement processes to deliver results in line with business strategy.
- Business Monitoring: provide leadership with regular insights reports from across the organization.
- Insights: Creation and tracking of KPI’s, targets and support overall planning and forecasting for various stakeholders and responsible for providing insights to the leadership team to drive decision making.
- Collaborate: Work with all teams across the business when solving problems to ensure representation of all interests are addressed when introducing new strategies or measures.
- Solution Development and Implementation: identify the impacts (people/process/technology) of change and advise on solutions to ensure our approach is consistent with the business’ strategies and future needs.
Who You Are
- You have a University Degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or a related field is preferred
- You bring a minimum of 10+ years of experience within Operations
- You’re a data enthusiast. You love sifting through data to uncover insights and putting it all together for an actionable plan
- You naturally assume the role of Project Manager and can effectively prioritize and action multiple projects simultaneously
- You know when to partner and when to lead and do both effectively, you are also not afraid to get your hands dirty, no job is too big or small
- You have an in-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of different business applications (such as Hubspot, Quickbooks, Asana etc), with a good understanding of common business processes
- You’re a real people person, a strong communicator and know how to adapt to your audience to drive change and influence business decisions
- As a leader and contributor, you enjoy whizzing in and out of problems to solve it at a holistic level
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Excellent Communication
- People Management
- Decision Making
- Exudes Professionalism
- Critical Thinking
- Risk Management and Assessment
- Integrity & Ethics
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive Health Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Team social (virtual) events
Founded by a baker and mechanical engineer (yes, both), Georgette Packaging is not your typical start-up. We’re a Kitchener/Waterloo start-up backed by Y Combinator, the world’s most commercially successful accelerator program. We are on a mission to empower companies to use their packaging not as a wrapper but as a solution. We work with our clients to design and print high-quality, customized packaging to act as a tactile and tangible marketing tool. One that becomes recognizable and coveted for what’s inside. We pride ourselves on being environmentally friendly, encouraging our customers to choose recyclable, compostable or re-usable packaging options to help with environmental sustainability and all of our products are carbon offset.
Our goal is to help incredibly ambitious food, beverage and lifestyle brands to create iconic packaging to help grow their brand. In doing so, we’re opening up the $130 billion North American packaging manufacturing industry to those who want to navigate it artfully, efficiently and strategically - something that hasn’t been done before. We’re poised to transform, refresh and inspire an industry that represents 1.2% of GDP.
Georgette Packaging has grown rapidly in the past couple of years and we are aiming to keep that steep growth curve momentum going. That’s where you come in!
If you feel this position is right for you, please send your resume and cover letter to Sarah Thomas at Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org.