Career Opportunities - Sales Position
Founded by a baker and mechanical engineer (yes, both), Georgette Packaging is not your typical startup. We’re a Kitchener/Waterloo startup backed by Y Combinator, the world’s most commercially successful accelerator program. We are on a mission to empower companies to use their packaging not as a wrapper but as a solution. We work with our clients to design and print high-quality, customized packaging to act as a tactile and tangible marketing tool. One that becomes recognizable and coveted for what’s inside.
Our goal is to help incredibly ambitious food and beverage brands to create iconic packaging. In doing so, we’re opening up the $130 billion North American packaging manufacturing industry to those who want to navigate it artfully, efficiently and strategically- something that hasn’t been done before. We’re poised to transform, refresh and inspire an industry that represents 1.2% of GDP.
Georgette Packaging has tripled in size in the last year and we are aiming high to do it again. That’s where you come in. We’re growing our sales team and we’re looking for a Junior Account Executive to drive new business, increase our visibility, and grow our company.
This is an exceptionally unique sales position that combines both business development and account executive roles in a fast-paced, exciting start-up environment.
- 1+ years of experience in a sales, business development representative, or account executive role (or related role).
- A track record of setting and exceeding goals. You’re ambitious and an overachiever.
- A competitive streak and hunger to win new business - you're good at self-motivating, and nothing excites you more than the thrill of the hunt.
- A passion and commitment to relationship building, and creating positive customer experiences. When it comes to building relationships, you take a long-term view. You’re energetic, approachable, personable, and can shoot the sh*t with anyone about anything.
- A scrappy, can-do, won’t-take-no-for-an-answer attitude. You’re a doer who doesn’t easily let rejection get to you, and you love a good challenge.
- Adaptability. You thrive in chaos and can go with the flow.
- A collaborative, team-centric approach. This role touches every aspect of our business and you can’t do your job well without the support of the team.
- A strong interest in personal and professional growth and expanding your skill set. You’re curious and a life-long learner, and you want to be involved in all aspects of the business. You have the desire and ability to contribute to the business outside of your sales role.
- Driving revenue through a full sales cycle. You’ll be hunting for new business, quoting projects and sending proposals, closing deals, overseeing your client’s projects through the production process, and managing the account post-sale.
- Creating an exceptional customer experience from start to finish. You’ll be problem solving for your clients, walking them through each step of the purchasing process, and making a relatively complicated matter feel easy and smooth.
- Liaising with factories to find the best possible solutions for your clients. This means sourcing products through factories, requesting and receiving quotes, and negotiating on behalf of your customer for the best price.
- Actively collaborating with operations, marketing, and sales. This role is involved in all aspects of the business, from shipping and logistics to design, so you’ll be wearing many hats day-to-day.
- Innovating within your sales role and the business. You’re constantly thinking about how we can do things better, faster, and smarter.
- Building a business. You need to be excited about joining a company that’s still defining workflows and processes and make the most of the opportunity to build that out.
- You love sales and you love the startup life but technology sales just doesn’t cut it. You don’t just want to demo a product, you want to help create it and bring it to life. You want to be part of creating a tangible product that will have an impact on customer experiences.
- You’re a sponge, and you’re interested in learning as much as you can about building a business. You’re excited about the unique learning opportunities that this multifaceted sales role presents.
- You like to get in early and grow something. We’re a growing sales team at Georgette Packaging and we’re still figuring things out. That speaks to you. You want to learn from the ground up and have direct access to the founder and be part of our growth.
- You’re excited by the word “startup” because it means you get to be pivotal to a company’s growth - not just because it screams of exotic office plants and working for the afternoon at your favourite cafe (though those are definitely perks of the job).
- You push for high standards and expect the same for the company you represent. You believe in showing up, pushing hard, and getting it done.
- Opportunity to travel within North America
- Health + dental benefits
- Beautiful, bright, open office space in the heart of downtown Kitchener (steps from the LRT station)
- Free downtown parking
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home
- Friday afternoons off in the summer, Georgette Lounge every Friday from 4-5pm, frequent company outings and a holiday partaayyy (!!!)
- A company culture that promotes a healthy work life balance
Georgette Packaging welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.